Hi. I’m actually 32 years old now. I found this blog logged in on my new laptop. It’s all a bit mysterious because I didn’t intend to revisit it. In a moment of ADHD frenzy, I might have logged in and forgotten why. I was searching for my old photos to update my portfolio, and this blog came to mind.
So, here we are. I don’t even remember what I wanted to write about back then. I probably thought it would be important ten years later. Clearly, it wasn’t, and I wish I had written that article back then so I could remember why I was so determined to share my thoughts. And why I was so determined to warn my sister - the only person who reads my blog posts I think lol
I don't think this blog will ever get the traction I wanted it to have when I was in my 20s. Lots of things have changed since then. There's Substack, Instagram, TikTok, and Threads - all of which I'm in but never really feel comfortable in.
Somehow, the orange logo of Blogger and the blinking cursor make me feel at home. The many nights I've edited my photos to have a vintage feel to them, added them to this document(?), and wrote about my outfits were nights I cherish until now.
And I guess all I'm saying is that as I hit that publish button - in a couple of minutes, without any fear of being seen, judged, or ignored by anyone... I'll have done my younger self proud. That thought definitely makes me smile.
To memorialize my come back to my old love: blogging, here is a 10 year side by side of my photo :)


Comments
Post a Comment